Sunday, September 11, 2005

briefly

I'm back at NYU, incredibly busy, etc. And frankly I haven't been listening to a damn thing other than Kanye West, who is The Man (take that, Sam Jackson!) for the 2nd year in a row. Hopefully I will write 27,000 words on why sometime soon. In the meantime, I'd like to point out that this year I'm not just a humble student newspaper staff writer, fighting with the plebes for promos: I'm the editor (because our old editor has moved on to an internship at "Spin"), and as such do whatever the hell I want. So here's my needlessly snide Fall Album Preview. Now let's see if I can land a press pass for CMJ...

3 Comments:

Blogger Luis Calil said...

Wow, you're the Music Editor now. That's like... important. Congrats, Mr. Editor. I hope you are making the dough, etc.

Also, I was playing Broken Social Scene's masterpiece "Cause = Time" when I read in your fall preview that they were coming with their second album (which I hadn't heard of!). This is so great.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Vadim said...

I get no money, but I do get the free promo CDs. (Don't believe the Sigur Ros hype; they're played out.) Also I make valuable connections to people who work at the overrated but still cool publications that I will not name in case they ever want to hire me.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Vadim,
Good blog. You’ve put lots of thought in here. It looks like we have an interest in common. If you are interested, go see my music related site. It’s totally focussed on the Zen Micro at the moment and is still growing. You may still find something of interest. I recently added a MP3 link page - you would be welcome to post a link to your site there

Kerry

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home