Monday, August 28, 2006

fuck apple

I've had a long and tumultuous history with the iPod. I bought a 3rd-generation one that, after being dropped one too many times, stopped producing sound. Apple replaced it, but I was shocked at how fragile they were. When the 60GB came out, I bought it; I had so much unheard music waiting for me on iTunes, I figured it made sense.

No.

Through no fault of my own, the LCD screen went haywire; I can't see a damn thing on the iPod. The problem is, I never bought more gear for the damn thing; no protective holster, etc. It has scratches. Worse yet, I left it out in a cabin while semi-camping one night and woke up to find it covered in pollen-ish residue. So I was nervous about sending it for repair, warranty or no.

Well. No repair. And I've spent over $600 on two iPods, both defective. So fuck this shit. But what this means has broader implications: no more music on the streets. I'll basically only listen to music at night, when I'm working on my laptop. I won't be able to pull up anything on command unless my iPod (which will basically be like an external hard drive) is plugged in.

End of an era of 3 years of music on demand anywhere, anytime. Moment of silence, but my much-abused ears will probably thank me.

Coming up: The Walkmen, Camera Obscura, Phoenix, Rhymefest.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adam Villani said...

You could go low-tech and dig out an old Walkman to listen to the Walkmen. Just say it's part of the whole retro-80s thing kids these days say they're into.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Btw, please listen to "So This Is Goodbye" by the Junior Boys. Thanks.

5:19 PM  
Blogger DJ said...

Get a Zen Vision M. It's 200 bucks and kicks ipod video's ass. Works on mac (with 3rd party software).

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its a fucking hard drive. would you drop your computer and expect it to work fine?

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home